Monday, October 6, 2014

Reflective Writing

     If I look back on a blog last year like Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince compared to one of the ones today, there'd definitely be a change. I am noticing that my grammar was not at par with the level of grammar I have today. Also, My paragraphs were short and to the point. The old blog also contained a lot of abuse to pronouns. I kept saying, "it" and "the" without mentioning what, "it" was in the first place. I definitely improved on that. Although it was a slight change that does need working on. In my current blog I don't really use pronouns unless I'm sure I've used them in a sentence before or clearly.

     I think my writing has progressed a lot. As in vocabulary and descriptive details. If the old blog wasn't my own I would not have understood what was going on. "Then, one night when Kreacher and Dobby were fighting each other. Harry and Ron broke them up and Harry asked if they could tail Draco Malfoy." It went from this to that with no explanation. Like who was that, and where were they? I tend to try not to be redundant in my new blog and in my old blog I tend to say Also a lot. (Which is a current problem too.)

     I think looking back at a current blog and one from a year ago helps me a lot. It can help me see what's still the same, to try to improve it, and what's gotten better. I think my newer blog posts are better because I'm more used to it now. My old blogs were strict and straight to the point. With almost no opinion and mostly the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment