Friday, October 17, 2014

1st Quarter Reflection Blog

     Throughout the first quarter I started off reading any book off of the shelf, only picking fiction or fantasy. Then, I read Divergent and continued the series. After that, I decided to read a biography called, "Never say Die". It featured 2 stories of a hiker and an ice climber barely surviving at the verge of death. I have been more open to different books now. I used to only want to read about fiction and fantasy. Now, I don't mind a few non-fictional books or biographies. I've already done at least 3 or 4 books and my 40 book challenge progress is looking ok.
     I also learned a lot of current events throughout the AoWs. Like how Ebola has caused West Point to be quarantined. Also, how Malala got a Nobel Peace Prize for standing up for woman's rights. We learned that the world is still slowly progressing and not going insane from, "Is the World going nuts?". The short stories like, "The Lottery", and, "The World's most Dangerous Game", helped us understand morals better. Also, how it may or may not apply to current world situations.
     I have been slowly making progress with my procrastination. I've been starting homework at 5 or 6 pm. The thing is, it takes up to 9 or 10 because of me getting distracted by something else. So, I usually only do homework and go to sleep after school. I also need to manage my time wisely. I usually spend 40 minutes doing something when it should only take 15. Which is something I need to work on next quarter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment