Friday, October 17, 2014

Insurgent 10/17/14

Prompt: Character Development

     Throughout the first 2 books Caleb has been portrayed as smart and responsible. He joined Erudite and usually corrects Beatrice. "He gave me the look he used to give me when he was disappointed in me." This quote shows that he would always try and make Beatrice selfless and belong. The author also helped out develop Caleb's intelligence with the use of vocabulary and actions. Like how Caleb always wanted to read books and understand more of the world. Also, the author made Caleb's dialogue include a lot of advanced vocabulary and many words to further support whatever he said.

     Another character that the author really developed was Peter. In Divergent Peter seemed like a side character that wouldn't be relevant. Then, near the end of Divergent and Insurgent he started getting morals. His main character change was when Beatrice was captured. He saved her and explained his reasoning for freeing her. "I can't be in someone's debt and owe them a favor". So, the author made Peter's goal/moral to not be in debt to anyone. So, he'll side with whoever treats him better.

     Tobias is another character that really developed. Throughout the 2 books I've read his character has been getting more and more detailed. At first he seemed more vulnerable when he showed Beatrice his childhood of being scared of his father. Then, he started acting more independent. Especially when his mother tried to strike a deal to make Dauntless and the factionless join together. After a while he started realizing he should trust Beatrice more before she was held for trial. For being accused of being a traitor.

2 comments:

  1. Beatrice being accused of being a traitor?! What?! I remember how Caleb and Beatrice really cared for each other. Now I realize how Caleb was very intellectual by choosing Erudite. I started to notice change in Tobias. Seems to me that Peter is a man of his word because he stopped having a debt with Beatrice. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog this week! I liked how you focused on different characters for each paragraph. It really made me want to read about them. Out of the three, I have to say, I think I like Caleb the best. He seems like a normal fellow, but a bit annoying sometimes.

    ReplyDelete