Thursday, October 17, 2013

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince 10/17/13

Pages read: 172-325
Prompt:  Describe your least favorite character and explain why. Describe your most
favorite character and explain why
     My Favorite character is Luna Lovegood. She's so interesting and cool, Luna's dad runs a newspaper called the Quibbler. The Quibbler got really popular and Luna made friends with the main protagonists. She seems kind of lifeless and has a lot of interesting quotes and stories. Luna is my favorite of the whole series. She is strange and helps Harry with a lot of things.

     I want to discuss my favorite character more by explaining how she could had helped more. I mean if Luna was in earlier books it would have been amazing. Maybe her or Hermione could've helped Harry out against Professer Quirrel in the first book. Or she would have recognized the basilisk earlier before Hermione was frozen. There's so many possibilities and she might haver became a new main protagonist.

     My least favorite character is Draco Malfoy. He snooty and a rich spoiled kid. Draco's dad is also involved with Voldemort. So, Draco could be getting secret missions from Voldemort or trying to get his dad out of Azkaban. Draco is also a huge jerk, he bullies kids and people in his own grade or house! I think he is the definition of evil.



5 comments:

  1. I really liked how you explained the characters. They both seem like they can be realistic people, mostly Draco. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luna is definitely one of my favorite female supporting characters, and I totally agree with why you hate Draco. Though I think I read something about Luna being based off of a girl that J.K. met later who was a fan of the series on Tumblr (though you can't trust everything on the internet), so that's probably why she wasn't in the earlier books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carlos, I could not agree with you any more. Luna is an absolute role model, she does not care about what others think of her, she lives in the moment, and in my opinion is rather logical. I also have to say that though Draco is not my least favorite character he is rather snooty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a really good blog. You did a really good job describing the characters. You also did good writing your explanation why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you're opinions. You gave reasons why you do and do not like them. I personally agree with you with Malfoy, he's just really... stupid and mean and a jerk basically. I will definitely give this book a try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete