Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 10/8/3 **SPOILER**

Pages Read: 45-171

     Harry Potter is taken by Dumbledore to go and convince an old teacher to come back to Hogwarts. His name was Horace Slughorn, Harry convinced him when they had to leave. They went to the Weasly's house and stayed there until they got their O.W.L.S. Then, they all went to go school shopping at Diagon Alley. The place was now run-down and had few stores still open. But, Fred and George run a shop. They visit there and have an encounter with Draco Malfoy getting their robes. While in Fred and George's shop they spot Malfoy by himself. They follow him using the invisibility cloak, they listen in and find out that he reserved something. When they try to find out they get kicked out.

     They start to leave to go to Hogwarts, Harry gets invited to the "Slughorn Club." He wants to find out what Malfoy reserved, so he goes to the Slytherin cart. When they arrive Malfoy stuns Harry and he is found by Tonks. Tonks takes him to Hogwarts and they find out Snape's the new Defense of the Dark Arts teacher! Harry thought Horace Slughorn would be the new Defense against the Dark Arts teacher but signed up for potions.

     The book's starting to get really exciting and cool. On the train Draco suggests that he might be a Deatheater. If he is, that'll make the plot really thick! I mean Harry is his nemesis and if he works for Voldemort then Harry might be in trouble. Snape has always been Potions teacher, now he's changed in position.

Prompt: After reading, I wonder…
   
     After reading this I wonder what'll happen, I mean, in the series all the Defense of the Dark Arts teachers resign or leave. Snape is one of the protagonists so that's going to be interesting. If he dies that'll be kind of an upset. But, if he moves on will he go back to potions? I can't think what might happen to him.

     I also wonder about if Draco Malfoy is a death eater. It's kind of obvious since Harry is enemies with Voldemort and Draco. Plus, his dad was a death eater. I think Draco was invited to be a death eater by the Dark Lord himself. Since he needs a replacement for his father. Draco probably accepted to help his dad out of Azkaban.

     The last thing I'm wondering about is the new teacher, Horace Slughorn. Since he's now teaching potions, will he be good at it? What if Horace is a death eater disguised like Mad-Eye Moody. Harry also might get a special potion that weakens Harry. I really hope that he does have some special potion, or something that creates a plot twist.






5 comments:

  1. Very good post. It was very descriptive and you summarized it good. Hope you like the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very descriptive. I have read this book and I know that you will like it. I also like how you formatted it with a summery first than your prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you described most of the important events it gives me a good image of what the book would be like when I read it. I'll surely give the book a try, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you did more than 3 paragraphs! I know I only do 3, but I guess if your reading a book from the Harry Potter series you might need to do more than 3. I really like how you did the, "After reading, I wonder. . ." .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carlos,
    I like how you first did a summary, and then you did the "After Reading, I Wonder..." It gave me a better idea on what you may be wondering about. The summary was a bit confusing though. It seemed like you included so many characters, that is started to get confusing, and I wasn't sure which character was which. Though a bit confusing, it makes me really want to read this book. I've never really been interested in Harry Potter before, so maybe I'll end up reading it! What you were wondering about were great things, that I think I would be wondering about too! Overall it was a great Blog, and I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete