Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Alchemyst 1/30/14

Pages Read: 158-369 ( End of Book)
Prompt: Describe the major conflict. What side are you on?

     It all began with another ordinary day. Then a black car pulled up. Strange men came out and headed towards the bookstore that her brother, Josh, worked at. She was going to call him but Pernelle came into the coffee shop Sophie worked in. The main conflict started to pick up as Pernelle recognized the smell of rotten eggs. Josh was witnessing Nicolas and a strange man he heard being called Dee fight. But not just any fight. A magic fight, Nicholas shot little green spheres and Dee commanded the golems to fight back. Josh knew his life would never be the same again.

     After a few more battles, the twins find out they are in a prophecy and the twins need their magic potential unlocked. Sophie got hers unlocked before the elder called Hekate died. Josh never got to get awakened. After that the plot and conflict started getting heavier. With Dee trying to convince Josh to join them. Knowing he was probably feeling jealous and angry for not getting awakened. In the prophecy it said that one twin could save and the other would destroy. In the beginning Pernelle is captured and taken as a hostage you could say. So they go on a journey and try and get Sophie to learn elements and spells for her own protection. trying to escape Dee and save Pernelle.

     I'm personally on Nicholas Flamel's side. Mostly I like villans. I just like the evil feel. But, I don't like the shadiness of Dee. He seems like he will betray his fellow teammates, the Dark Elders. Dee is the kind of person that disposes whatever he had when he's done with it. Well, that's what I think. Even though I don't have much information about Nicholas, but he seems more trustworthy.



6 comments:

  1. wow i really love how you go into detail about the big problem

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first read the second sentence of your blog I thought, "He's getting kidnapped, there's a car that randomly went straight to you all of a sudden, he's getting kidnapped. This book is about a kidnap." Well, I'm completely wrong, this book is about magic and adventure. I also watched an anime, the rule of alchemy in that anime is, "Something must be exchanged of equal value to gain such an item."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented on Leanna's, Nadrian's, and Mariah's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually think kidnapping or crime when a car with strange people in it pulls up. I don't think magic. Really good summery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I really liked how you described the major conflict. I find this book interesting by the way you described everything. At first, I thought this book was going to be about escaping the hands of a kidnapper, defiantly not magic. Great post overall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post I also finished the book I was wondering what did you think of Nicholas because I learned that he would never tell the whole truth.

    ReplyDelete